Wouldn't it be nice to have a private coaching and strategy session with a seasoned business leader like Scott? What would you ask him to take a look at in your business? On this episode of The Amazing Seller, you'll hear from Scott as he welcomes his guest, Dawn. In her conversation with Scott, Dawn opens up about how she got started as an ecommerce seller, why she decided to participate in the 5-Minute Pitch, challenges she has had in her business, and much more. You'll want to pay close attention to this episode of The Amazing Seller!
Cat in the box
What in the world is “Cat In The Box?” It's quite the innovative brand created and run by entrepreneur, Dawn La Fontaine. Dawn aims to capitalize on the $1B pet industry by creating gorgeous cat accommodations that create a safe place for the pets, while also getting rid of the less appealing shipping boxes lying around the house. As you can see – Dawn followed Scott's method of niching down and finding a specific target market to engage. What can you learn from Dawn's story? Tune into this episode of The Amazing Seller to find out more!
Creating a great product
How do you take something that sounds like a great idea and actually bring it to the marketplace? Spoiler alert: It's not an easy task! From finding the right manufacturer to making sure the margins are just right so you can make a profit – manufacturing can be the hardest part for many ecommerce sellers. Dawn caught a huge break when she found a local manufacturer who would make her product at a reasonable cost. To hear more about how Dawn's manufacturing experience went and what she learned from it – listen to this episode of The Amazing Seller!
Using social media
How important are social media channels to the growth of your business? Have you been leaning heavily on your social media channels, or are you just starting to consider how to use them to promote your brand? By posting a video of a cat in a box – Dawn was able to engage over 900 people on Pinterest! In their conversation, Scott encouraged Dawn to forgo linking to her product and instead focus on getting people engaged with the content she has to offer. Hear how Dawn responded to that suggestion from Scott and much more by listening to this episode of The Amazing Seller!
Room to improve
How do you handle criticism or constructive feedback? Do you lean into advice you get or are you so focused on doing things your own way that you aren't willing to change? If you want to succeed as an ecommerce seller and a brand-building – you need to be willing to course-correct and heed the advice of others. You don't want to listen to everyone's advice – make sure you have a few trusted voices in your corner that you can turn to when things get challenging. Listen to this episode of The Amazing Seller as Dawn serves as a great example of a seller who is ready and willing to learn from an expert!
OUTLINE OF THIS EPISODE OF THE AMAZING SELLER
- [0:03] Scott’s introduction to this episode of the podcast!
- [3:20] Dawn from Cat in the Box joins Scott on the podcast.
- [4:45] Dawn talks about her background and how she got started in ecommerce.
- [9:10] Where did the idea for Cat In The Box come from?
- [15:20] Validating content ideas and coming up with new ones.
- [18:30] How did Dawn go about creating her product?
- [24:50] Scott gives some feedback on Dawn’s business and marketing efforts.
- [37:40] Breaking down traffic and leveraging channels like Pinterest.
- [47:45] Dawn and Scott talk about product sales.
- [50:15] Dawn shares how much the Five Minute Pitch experience impacted her.
- [57:50] Advice for sellers just starting out.
- [1:00:30] Closing thoughts from Scott.
- Brand Accelerator Live
- BAL Tickets
- 5 Minute Pitch
- IG: @the.cat.is.in.the.box
- Building a StoryBrand by Donald Miller
- Give Away Boost