Do you ever feel like the only way to get traction in your ecommerce business is to sell on Amazon? Don’t worry – you aren’t alone! Tons of ecommerce sellers are convinced that Amazon is the only way – but they are wrong! On this episode of The Amazing Seller, you’ll hear from Scott as he sits down with Allen – an ecommerce business owner. In his conversation with Scott, Allen opens up about how he got started selling spy gear, why he couldn’t sell his products on Amazon, challenges he has faced along the way, and much more. Don’t miss a minute of this exciting episode!
Can you really thrive as an ecommerce seller without using Amazon’s platform? According to Allen, the answer is yes! While it’s great to leverage Amazon’s platform to get your business started, many ecommerce sellers are looking for ways to succeed without the ecommerce giant. Allen built his ecommerce business selling spy gear because most of his products aren’t allowed on Amazon’s marketplace. He also found that the technical support was more of a selling point to non-Amazon buyers. To hear more about Allen’s experience building a business away from Amazon, make sure to listen to this episode of The Amazing Seller!
The right inspiration
Did you know that feeding your mind the right information is just as important as feeding your body the right types of food? Don’t take your mindset for granted – you are building it up and investing in it, or you are letting it slide. Too many leaders try to get by without consuming the right ideas and lessons from seasoned leaders who went before them. Thankfully, there are leaders like Allen out there who take learning and mindset growth seriously. One of Allen’s earliest mentors from afar was Tim Ferris and the brilliant concept of the Four Hour Workweek. Who has impacted you on your journey? Learn more about getting the right voices in your corner by listening to this episode of The Amazing Seller!
You have no excuse!
What is your plan for the next half of 2019? Are you poised to expand your business and take full advantage of the holidays? Or are you still scrambling and trying to figure out how to keep afloat? Wherever you are on your journey – stay in the fight! There are so many factors that work to bring you down and keep you from succeeding, but you have the power to keep them at bay. Take matters into your own hands and find the information you need to help your business grow. There is no excuse – between the TAS community and other books and resources on the marketplace – opportunity has never been more available to those who will work for it. Learn more about taking your business to the next level by tuning in to this episode of The Amazing Seller!
OUTLINE OF THIS EPISODE OF THE AMAZING SELLER
- [0:03] Scott’s introduction to this episode of the podcast!
- [4:50] Allen joins Scott on the podcast.
- [6:20] Why doesn’t Allen sell his products on Amazon?
- [8:40] Allen shares how he got started in ecommerce.
- [13:00] What led Allen to leave the ecommerce business he helped build?
- [16:15] How did Allen connect with Tim Ferris?
- [22:20] The right relationships can make all the difference!
- [25:30] Making the decision to start something from scratch.
- [30:00] Challenges along the way.
- [39:00] Creating content and keeping customers coming back.
- [45:00] You have no excuse, resources are out there to help you succeed!
- [48:00] How to connect with Allen.
- [50:00] Closing thoughts from Scott.