The 4th quarter is the undisputed champion in terms of retail sales in the United States. Amazon is one of the most popular marketplaces out there and as an Amazon Seller you’d be wise to maximize your products and product listings for the 4th quarter so you can make the most of this natural time of consumer activity. This episode is focused on helping you do exactly that. Listen in as Scott covers 5 basic tips to get yourself ready for the 4th quarter. And as a bonus, he throws in an additional 6th tip.
If you don’t have enough cash on hand to get your private label products ready for the 4th quarter, you can do something else to build up your business.
It’s called Retail Arbitrage. Simply put, you’re purchasing existing products at discounted prices – either through stores or online – and reselling them for higher prices on Amazon, using your FBA account. Many sellers use this strategy to get started on Amazon, making extra cash that they can then roll back into an Amazon Private Label business. Where do you find these discounted products? On clearance racks, in thrift stores, at garage sales, anywhere that deals are to be found. Hear Scott’s advice about using Retail Arbitrage to boost your income to eventually get into a private label business, no this episode of The Amazing Seller.
If you don’t plan your inventory for the 4th quarter now, you’re going to have trouble.
One of the biggest problems private label sellers have in the 4th quarter is getting behind on their inventory. It never fails that sales or demand are higher than expected and they run out of product. That’s never a good thing since you’re sourcing from a manufacturer or wholesaler and will have to wait at least a few weeks to be restocked. Plan now to have enough product to last you through the 4th quarter sales season. Scott’s got stacks of his best selling product in his garage already and is gearing up for a big 4th quarter as a result. Find out what more you can do on this episode.
To make the most of the 4th quarter you need to get your seller account and products up in the Amazon rankings.
How do you do that? By generating traffic to your products, converting that traffic to sales, then appealing to those customers for reviews and feedback on the product they bought. It’s really as simple as that. One of the best ways to start that cycle is through Amazon PPC. That’s “pay per click” advertising, which puts your products in the view of those who come to Amazon searching for itit.. and that starts the ball rolling. You’ve got to invest in PPC now and throughout the 4th quarter to get your products ranking higher throughout the selling season. Hear Scott’s recommendations on how to go about it, on this episode.
Now is the time to optimize your listing by testing the elements you include in it.
By the time the 4th quarter gets into full swing you want your listing to be optimized to its fullest. That’s why you should be testing the elements included in your listing now, so you have time to dial it in and get the most out of the high traffic season ahead. Experiment with images, verbiage, titles, bullet points – do anything you can to test your listing for peak efficiency and conversions. You can find out more about how to go about it on this episode of The Amazing Seller.
OUTLINE OF THIS INTERVIEW EPISODE OF THE AMAZING SELLER
- [0:05] Welcome and introduction to this episode’s topic – maximizing 4th quarter sales now.
- [0:30] Scott’s experience with the 4th quarter from last year.
- [1:52] You’re invited to one of Scott’s live workshops – www.TheAmazingSeller.com/workshop
- [2:30] Thanks to an iTunes reviewer who mentioned 4th quarter sales.
- [3:47] Scott’s history as an Amazon seller.
- [5:17] The significance of the last year’s work for Scott’s upcoming 4th quarter.
- [5:56] Using Retail Arbitrage to build up cash to build a private label business eventually.
- [6:42] Plan your inventory so it’s in Amazon by the 4th quarter.
- [7:51] Using your past sales to plan out your inventory. You can also use www.camelcamelcamel.com
- [9:20] Amazon PPC can help you get sales and to rank for keywords.
- [12:42] How to use insert cards in your products to gain customer info.
- [20:03] Create promotions in your listings for additional products.
- [22:00] Optimize your listing and test your listing elements.
- [23:13] Take advantage of email follow up for feedback and reviews.
- [27:11] Scott’s recap of these 5 (6) tips for maximizing for 4th quarter sales.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Scott’s free workshop – http://www.TheAmazingSeller.com/workshop
Google Trends to discover sales history and trends.
www.CamelCamelCamel.com – use to research sales history
www.TheAmazingSeller.com/FB – the TAS Facebook Community
NEW To The Blog and Podcast? I created a Page Just for You called…START HERE!
If you enjoyed this episode share the love with your friends…Click To Tweet the show.
Subscribe To Be The First To Receive Updates and NEW Podcast Episodes