Scott recently attended Podcast Movement, an incredible event for podcasters that powerfully equipped many people to take their podcast to the next level. But the highlight of Scott’s time at PM was not the main sessions or the inspiring talks… it was the time he was able to spend informally with people from The Amazing Seller community. This episode is a one-of-a-kind conversation with a handful of TASers who were at the Podcast Movement TAS meetup. They discuss getting started, overcoming fear, busting through roadblocks, and a whole lot more.
Roadblocks come to every business.
It may be when you discover that the product you planned to sell on Amazon isn’t going to be as profitable as you thought. It could be when you come to the place of ordering your product and fear of writing that big check comes to the surface. It could be when you need to start a PPC campaign and realize you know nothing about how to get started. No matter what the roadblock is, you’ve got to learn how to overcome it. In this episode of The Amazing Seller, Scott leads a discussion between Amazon Sellers who have faced every one of those roadblocks. You’ll hear how real sellers got past the things that often stop business owners in their tracks. It’s an inspiring conversation to encourage you to keep taking action.
Fear is a sign that you’re making progress.
Think about it… you don’t feel fear when you’re sitting on the couch watching TV. Why? Because you’re comfortable. You’re within your comfort zone. There’s nothing to fear. So when you feel fear as you take the next step in your Amazon business, it’s a good sign… it means you’re moving. It means you’re growing. It means you’re doing the things needed to make your business grow. Listen in as Scott and some of the TAS community discuss their individual fears and roadblocks and how they overcome them.
Answering the “what ifs” in your own head.
Fear often takes the form of “what if” statements that surface in your own thinking. “What if I make a mistake on my product research and start with a bad product?” “What if nobody gives me product reviews?” “What if it’s a bust and I make no money?” Those what if questions are a sign that you’re coming up against a roadblock and that it’s time to grit your teeth and push through it. In this episode you’ll hear how real people have pushed through their own “what if” questions to create an Amazon business that is successfully providing the lifestyle they imagined.
You can’t make it alone. You need a community behind you.
The discussion you’ll hear on today’s show is proof of that fact. It was recorded at a recent meetup of TAS community members and almost to a person they attest to the power of having the TAS Facebook community as a support and resource. They needed the encouragement and support of others in the same business, and you will too. Listen to this episode to hear how you can connect with others who are doing an Amazon business like yours, and how you can contribute and learn as you build a business to support your family and lifestyle.
OUTLINE OF THIS EPISODE OF THE AMAZING SELLER
- [0:05] Introduction of this special episode – a conversation with Amazon sellers.
- [1:00] Busting through the roadblocks, examples of doubts Scott had to overcome.
- [2:37] Your invite to Scott’s upcoming free workshop.
- [3:02] Scott’s new efforts on Periscope and your invite to hangout with him via live video.
- [5:09] The roundtable discussion about busting through roadblocks.
- [7:45] How Pat Flynn’s talk at Podcast Movement prompted this discussion.
- [8:59] One man’s story about how he’s worked through his own roadblocks.
- [12:00] Dealing with fears and the possibility of failure.
- [16:30] The power of “just in time learning” for keeping yourself on track without being overwhelmed.
- [18:15] A story of crippling fear and how it was overcome.
- [22:15] Answering the “what ifs” in your own head.
- [25:00] The power of picking a product and moving forward.
- [27:00] The importance of support from others who are doing the same business.
- [29:02] Why fear is a good sign that you’re making progress.
- [32:30] The power of surrounding yourself with motivating people who support you.
- [34:00] One Amazon seller’s journey – choosing a product, changing products, but continuing to press forward.
- [37:44] What it does when you see others you know making their first sale.
- [39:49] Taking action produces great results – and how it will work for you.
- [42:30] The power of learning from other people.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Scott’s free workshop – http://www.TheAmazingSeller.com/workshop
www.Periscope.tv – search for @ScottVoelker to find Scott
www.TheAmazingSeller.com/FB – the TAS Facebook Community
NEW To The Blog and Podcast? I created a Page Just for You called…START HERE!
If you enjoyed this episode share the love with your friends…Click To Tweet the show.
Subscribe To Be The First To Receive Updates and NEW Podcast Episodes