One of the hardest parts of starting your Amazon FBA Business is sourcing a product from China or overseas. I have sourced two products so far and working on my third as I write this post and I’ve had good luck so far.
But, I feel it’s because of the research and the suppliers I contact. In this episode I share with you my 5 steps for finding suppliers and feeling confident I won’t get scammed.
The 5 Steps:
- 1. Search for Products In Alibaba.com
- 2. Use Filters To Find Highest Quality Suppliers
- 3. Contact Supplier with Specific Questions (Very Important Step)
- 4. Respond to Suppliers That Email Back
- 5. Place First Order and WAIT!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |
I go into great detail on the podcast, so you’ll hear all the ins and outs for choosing the right supplier.
The Podcast recording is down below or you can find it on iTunes or Stitcher Radio.
•Email Template For Suppliers-
I mentioned in the podcast that I would include a basic email with the question to ask.
Hi, My name is ————– and I’m the purchasing agent for XYZ Company.
We are in the process of adding a ——————— to our product line and your product seems to be what we are looking for.
I have a few questions.
1. Do you offer samples and how much including DHL Express Shipping to United States zip code 89078?
2. How long to receive 2 samples?
3. Can we pay using Paypal?
4. Can we change the color ?
5. Can we brand with our logo?
6. What is the cost per unit including shipping by DHL Air Express to United States Zip Code 89076?
7. How long for manufacturing once we place order?
8. Do you accept Escrow payments?
Our first order of 500 will be a small test order and in the future will be ordering between 1,000 to 5,000 units.
Can we order 500 units for the first order?
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.
-Kitchen Express – Purchasing Agent
Tip: Copy and paste your email to at least 10 to 20 suppliers. You will weed out the ones that are late to reply and only attract the ones that could be possible suppliers.